Monday, 2 December 2013

ALL-TENSES

1.Simple Present Tense
-To express an activity.
-To express general truths.
Formula: S + V1 + O + time information
Example:
(+) I go to school everyday.
(-) I do not go to school everyday.
(?) Do I go to school everyday?
(-?) Do I go to school everyday?
 

2.Present Continuous Tense
-To express an ongoing activity.
Formula: S + tobe (is, am, are) + V-ing + O + time information
Example:
(+) They are standing here.
(-) They are not standing here.
(?) Are They standing here?
(-?) They Are not standing here?

3.Present Perfect Tense
-To declare an event has occurred before the present.
-To specify the activity that has occurred several times.
Formula: S + have / has + V3 + O
Example:
(+) I have already seen the movie.
(-) I have not already seen the movie.
(?) Have I already seen the movie?
(-) Have not I already seen the movie?

4.Present Perfect Continuous Tense
-To say at the start of an activity is in progress at this time.
-To specify the duration of time an activity is in progress.
Formula: S + have / has + been + V-ing + O + time information
Example:
(+) I have been sitting for two hours.
(-) I have not been sitting for two hours.
(?) Have I been sitting for two hours?
(-?) Have not I been sitting for two hours?

5.Simple Past
-To suggest events that occurred in the past with a clear.
Formula: S + V2 + O + time information
Example:
(+) I wrote a letter yesterday.
(-) I do not write a letter yesterday.
(?) Do I write a letter yesterday?
(-?) Do I write a letter yesterday?

6.Past Continuous Tense
-To specify that the activity is being conducted in the past.
Formula: S + was / were + V-ing + O + time information
Example:
(+) I was studying English at 8 o'clock last night.
(-) I was not studying English at 8 o'clock last night.
(?) Was I studying English at 8 o'clock last night?
(-?) Was not I studying English at 8 o'clock last night?

7.Past Perfect Tense
-To declare an event that has been perfectly completed before other activities completed.
Formula: S + Had + V3 + O
Example:
(+) I had already left before they got there.
(-) I had not already left before they got there.
(?) Had I already left before they got there?
(-?) Had not I already left before they got there?

8.Past Perfect Continuous Tense
-To say at the start of an activity in the past or the stated duration.
Formula: S + had + been + V-ing + O + time information
Example:
(+) The police had been looking for the criminal for two years before they caught him.
(-) The police had not been looking for the criminal for two years before they caught him.
(?) Had the police been looking for the criminal for two years before they caught him?
(-?) The police had not been looking for the criminal for two years before they caught him?
9.Simple Future Tense
-To declare an event that will happen in the future.
Formula: S + will / shall + V1 + time information
Example:
(+) He will go to Indonesia later.
(-) He will not go to Indonesia later.
(?) Will he go to Indonesia later?
(-?) Will not he go to Indonesia later?

10.Future Continuous Tense
-To suggest an activity or event that will be taking place in the future.
Formula: S + will / shall + be + V-ing + O + time information
Example:
(+) He will be listening to the radio at 7 o'clock tomorrow morning.
(-) He will not be listening to the radio at 7 o'clock tomorrow morning.
(?) Will he be listening to the radio at 7 o'clock tomorrow morning?
(-?) Will not he be listening the radio at 7 o'clock tomorrow morning?

11.Future Perfect Tense
-To express an activity that has been perfectly completed in the future before another incident occurs.
Formula: S + will / shall + have + V3 + O + time information
Example:
(+) They will have finished their duty by next year.
(-) They will not have finished their duty by next year.
(?) Will they have finished their duty by next year?
(-?) Will not they have finished their duty by next year?

12.Future Perfect Continuous Tense
-To specify how long the ongoing activities in the future.
Formula: S + will / shall + have + been + V-ing + O + time information
Example:
(+) I will have been sleeping for two hours by the time she gets home.
(-) I will not have been sleeping for two hours by the time she gets home.
(?) Will I have been sleeping for two hours by the time she gets home?
(-?) Will not I have been sleeping for two hours by the time she gets home?

13.Simple Future Past
-To express an activity that will be carried out in the past, a plan that failed
Formula: S + would / should + V1 + O + time information
Example:
(+) I would lend my cycle to him last year
(-) I would not lend my cycle to him last year
(?) Would I lend my cycle to him last year?
(-?) Would I lend my cycle to him last year?
14.Past Future Continuous
-To express an activity that will be taking place in the past.
Formula: S + would / should + be + V-ing + O + time information
Example:
(+) She would be singing a rock song at 9 o'clock pm last night.
(-) She would not be singing a rock song at 9 o'clock pm last night.
(?) Would she be singing a rock song at 9 o'clock pm last night?
(-?) Would she be singing a rock song at 9 o'clock pm last night?

15.Past Future Perfect
-To express an activity that would have been completed in the past / that should have been completed.
Formula: S + would / should + have + V3 + O + time information
Example:
(+) He would have done his home work before he went to school yesterday.
(-) He would not have done his home work before he went to school yesterday.
(?) Would he have done his home work before he went to school yesterday?
(-?) Would he have done his home work before he went to school yesterday?

16.Past Future Perfect Continuous
To declare an activity that would have been completed in the past was / should have been taking place.
Formula: S + would / should + have + been + V-ing + O + time information
Example:
(+) He would have been for her for two hours last night.
(-) He would not have been for her for two hours last night.
(?) Would he have been for the her for two hours last night?
(-?) Would he have been for the her for two hours last night?



may it will be useful,

Journalistic team


No comments:

Post a Comment